Monday, March 2, 2009

Fischbowl, Technologically illiterate

I agree with what most of the list says about how much teachers should know about technology. The world of teaching, is now requiring teachers to know more and more about technology and about how to use it in the classroom in many ways. I agree that every teacher needs to know the basics of how to use computers and certain programs on computers. However I do not feel that teachers should be embarrassed if they do not know much about technology. Colleges are just now starting to teach about how to use technology for your benefit in a classroom.

I do feel that this list is a little harsh. I agree we need to know about technology, but to assume we already know about most of it is illiterate in itself. How can we know about technology, if know one teaches it to us, or if we do not have the means of exploring it ourselves. I have had classes on how to use technology throughout college and have access to a computer and still run into things I do not know how to do. Technology we always be changing and growing each day, that means as teachers we have to work extra hard to stay updated and be willing to learn more about technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment